Sougenbi (叢原火) is unlocked after beating the 4th stage of Orochi.
Sougenbi is a Soul dungeon that drops souls typically unavailable through challenging Orochi, and is an alternative to buying them from the Shop. The three floors of Sougenbi are accessed with scrolls that are dropped at random from challenging Orochi floors, these scrolls are consumed to access Sougenbi, though they are refunded if the dungeon is exited half-way.
Scrolls are obtained from their respective Soul floors.
Scroll of Avarice
Scroll of Wrath
Scroll of Desire
Sougenbi can only be challenged solo, and there are 5 shikigami and 1 onmyouji allowed in a lineup, exactly like soloing Soul and some other instances. Similarly, no spectator shikigami are allowed.
The 3 dungeons (arrays of Avarice/Wrath/Greed) all contain the same youkai, however, the difficulty to defeat them increases, as their attributes become higher.
- This floor comes with special buffs for the player.
When 3 of the same faces are aligned, special buffs will be granted.
|Gain 3 onibi.|
|Attack for all allies is increased for 3 turns.|
|Attack and defense for all enemies is decreased for 3 turns.|
All Sougenbi floors drop the same kind of rewards as Orochi, though the quantity and quality may differ. They will drop Tree Nymph, Soul Edge, and Senecio, as well the souls that are on the rotation for stages 1-10 of Orochi.
Greed is narrated by Park Romi. Anger is by Yasumoto Hiroki. Foolery is by Onosaka Masaya.
- Ooooh...... Ooooh......
- What is it, dumbo? Anything bothering you?
- Why...... why am I always, unable to understand what others are thinking, not grasping what they're saying, not knowing what they're doing...... Why, why......
- How could you be bothered by things like that! Because humans are all so strange, wouldn't not understanding them be normal? It's not our fault, it's their fault! Yeah, it's all their fault! Ahhhh, thinking about it is making me mad!
- Hehe, although humans are strange, they're also wonderful! The pretty faces and fair hair of the young girls, those shining jewelry worn by the women...... Ah, want them, I want them so much......
- Why do you always have so many things that you want...... Are they really that good......
- You not understanding how wonderful these things are is precisely why I call you "dumbo" you know, hehe.
- Ooooh...... Ooooh......
- I get so mad from seeing the two of you! You woman, always calling this idiot "dumbo" this, "dumbo" that, but whenever he opens his mouth, you come running! And you, you're such an idiot, the woman's already answered so many of your questions, and you still don't understand what she's saying? This pisses me off! Pisses me off to no end!
- ......Ooooh, what does that mean? What does she mean?
- Shut up, dumbo!